Our vision at Detroit K9 is Healthier Pet Supplies at a Lower Price. Happy People equal Happy Pets. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Detroit K9 as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience.
From our retail stores to our corporate offices, you'll work with others who share your values and commitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization.
You will help achieve store sales goals while helping to provide customers with the products they need for happy and healthy pets. You will provide quick and courteous service to all customers by determining their needs and sharing product knowledge to suggest the appropriate merchandise to satisfy them. You will also effectively employ suggestive selling techniques to increase sales.
This role also involves completing cash register transactions as well as providing customer carry-out service. You will ensure that store animals, receive the highest quality care and are maintained in habitats that are clean, safe and secure. You will also perform routine housekeeping tasks, assist store management in the opening/closing of the store and participate in physical inventory counts.
To ensure the achievement of a given store's budgeted sales goals by assisting customers in the proper selection of merchandise in accordance with their specific needs. This job is composed of a variety of different tasks which are covered by operational guidelines, and while individual judgment may occasionally be required in order to complete assigned tasks, most questions are referred to the Assistant Manager, Assistant Store Manager or General Manager.
1. Provide quick and courteous service to all Detroit K9 customers by determining their needs and sharing product knowledge to suggest the appropriate merchandise to satisfy them, and by effectively employing suggestive selling techniques to increase individual sales.
2. Complete cash register transactions as well as customer carry-out service.
3. Assist in the loading, unloading and stocking of merchandise according to established procedures in order to ensure that the store is well stocked and that inventory counts are accurate.
4. Ensure that store animals, and are maintained in habitats that are clean, safe and secure and that all reasonable and required steps are taken to maintain their good health. Alert store management immediately if any animal is abused, in need of medical attention or other special care.
5. Perform routine housekeeping tasks as required to maintain the professional image and appearance of the store, to include sweeping/mopping the floors, dusting, washing the windows, facing the merchandise on the shelves, etc.
6. Assist store management in the opening/closing of the store as needed, to include the accurate completion of required paperwork.
7. Participate in the completion of quarterly and annual physical inventory counts.
8. Adhere to and promote established safety and loss prevention procedures.
9. Special projects as assigned.
- Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts with emphasis on company interests
- Interest in animal welfare with animal knowledge
- Basic math skills & great communication skills
- Must be able to move merchandise & lift
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have a flexible schedule
- While a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED) is generally preferred, an applicant must be able to demonstrate basic math proficiency and above average communication skills.
- Please send resume and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org